Due to recent significant increases in local COVID-19 transmission rates, the Bensenville Park District has announced the steps it is taking to mitigate the spread of the virus to promote and enhance the safety of its patrons and employees.
While facilities are scheduled to remain open, the following mitigation actions will be taken:
- The district will increase frequency of cleaning and sanitation and strictly enforce mask, social distancing and sanitary guidelines at its indoor facilities.
- Additional measures will be taken to ensure social distancing for Winter Break Escape participants.
- Active adult programs, including BINGO and cards, will be paused until Thursday, January 6.
- Open gym will be paused through January 6.
- White Pines Golf Club will remain open to golfers as weather permits, with limited indoor access.
- All coaches and participants at basketball practices at the Deer Grove Leisure Center (1000 W. Wood St.) will need to wear masks at all times. Those dropping off participants should use the front entrance and must wait in their car until the completion of practice.
- Wood Street Fitness Center, located at 1000 W. Wood St., will move to a reservation system to schedule workout times beginning Sunday, December 26. Weekend time slots are 8-9:30 a.m., 9:45-11:15 a.m., 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., 1:15-2:45 p.m. and Saturday only, 3:15-4:30 p.m. Weekday workout times are 6-7:30 a.m., 8-9:30 a.m., 9:45-11:15 a.m., 1:15-2:30 p.m., 2:45-4 p.m., 4:15-5:30 p.m., 5:45-7 p.m. and 7:15-8:30 p.m. Those members wishing to reserve a workout slot or participate in a fitness class may do so at woodstfitness.com/reserve.
The park district is closely monitoring information and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Illinois Department of Health (IDPH) regarding the COVID-19 outbreak and its variants, and additional mitigation tactics may be employed based on data trends.
The IDPH qualifies high transmission rates as having greater than 100 new cases per 100,000 residents over a seven-day period or a positivity rate greater than 10 percent. The most recent data for DuPage County showed 3,934 new cases over the last seven days with a 426.26 case total per 100,000. The positivity rate is 7.1 percent.
The district had previously scheduled and published facility closures over the holidays. Those included the DGLC December 24, 25 and 31 in addition to New Year’s Day, January 1, and the White Pines Golf Club December 24-26 and December 31-January 2.
Park district patrons can stay up to date with closures of programs, parks and facilities through the park district website, bvilleparks.org. Get notified of changes and cancelations by signing up for text messages and email alerts or by downloading the “Rainout Line” app. Information about this service may be found at bvilleparks.org/about-us/rainouts-closures.