As we move into Fall and the weather becomes cooler, we are reopening our walking track. However, to keep everyone safe, things will look a little different. Before coming in please take a moment to read over the following:
- The track will reopen October 1st
- Reservations are required and can be made 7 days out starting 9/24
- Reservations are 1-hour time slots Monday – Friday 6:30am – 7:30pm, and Weekends 8:30am-2:30pm
- 6 per max per time slot
- Must check in at the front desk
- Masks are required in our building and on the walking track
- Track is limited to walkers only
- Social distancing must be maintained
- Facility ID cards will be required (these can be obtained for free at the front desk on your first visit)
- Please come with only the items you need to walk. Cubbies will not be available
- Track direction is counter clockwise
We are excited to announce Bensenville community playgrounds will reopen July 18. Staff will be working over the next couple days to remove caution tape and reassemble equipment. Please use caution and adhere to the following guidelines:
- Do not use playgrounds if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Maintain 6 feet between yourself and others.
- Face coverings must be worn anytime social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Capacity is 50 patrons. If playground is at capacity, please come back later.
- Playground equipment is not sanitized. Play is at your own risk. Please follow CDC guidelines and sanitize hands frequently.
We are excited to see everyone out enjoying our parks once again, but we just want to stress the importance of respecting the above guidelines to help keep you, along with everyone else in our community, healthy.
With Governor Pritzker moving the state of Illinois into Phase 4, we have some exciting updates to share with you. Please keep in mind as you read through these updates these are subject to change, in the interest of safety, as this situation with COVID-19 remains uncharted and fluid.
Wood St. Fitness
First and foremost, Wood St. Fitness is back! We are excited to announce that Wood St. Fitness will be reopening July 7. To ensure social distancing and everyone’s safety, things will look a little different. Below are the steps we are taking to keep everyone safe:
- Masks are required upon entering the facility
- You must check in at the front desk before entering the fitness center
- Equipment will be spread out between our fitness center and the gym to allow for proper social distancing
- Facility hours will be from 6am-3:30pm
- Reservations are required, to make a reservation call us at 630-766-7015, Mon-Fri 6am-4pm
- There will be 5 time slots available – 6-7:30am, 8-9:30am, 10-11:30am, 12-1:30pm, 2-3:30pm
- Only 10 reservations will be taken per time slot, and reservations can be made 7 days out starting July 6
- Our towel service and locker rooms will not be available
- Come ready to work out. We are asking all personal items aside from a water bottle and towel be left in your vehicle, as lockers will not be available
- You will be required to wipe down equipment after every use, and we will clean it after every reservation (more details on this process will be posted at our facility)
We are excited to be opening and offering you what we can safely, but we understand this might not work for everyone. If you are a current member and elect to not use our fitness center, your membership will still be paused. If you choose to come work out with us again at this time, we will add the amount of time we were closed automatically to the end of your membership.
Just in time for the hot summer weather, our Splash Pad will open July 13. Just like our fitness center, safety will be our first priority. Below are the following measures we are taking to keep you and your family safe.
In an effort to help reduce the spread of the coronavirus and protect the general public, all Bensenville playground facilities will remain closed at this time. We understand the inconvenience and will reevaluate this decision as additional Phase 4 reopening guidelines are published.
We are excited to see more and more of your faces now that our facilities are reopening. We just ask that you please follow social distancing, wear a mask when appropriate, and comply with all guidelines that we have created to keep you, other patrons, and our staff safe. We wish everyone the best of health; see you all soon.
Dear Residents and Park District Patrons
In response to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the Bensenville Park District has regretfully made the challenging decision to close the water park for the 2020 summer season. The splashpad may open based on IDPH guidelines and circumstances related to the RESTORE ILLINOIS phased reopening plan. Updates on facility availability will continue to be communicated through our website and social media outlets.
The park district considered many factors, both in waiting and in making the final decision to close the water park for the 2020 season. This difficult decision was delayed until the final days allowing it to be based on the most up-to-date information, provided by our state and federal agencies. Unfortunately, there are too many unanswered questions about the safety of operating an outdoor pool during the COVID-19 pandemic. We will not compromise our standards with regards to safety.
We understand the great number of youth the water park employs during the summer season. We understand how much our families enjoy the waterpark each summer, participate in swim lessons, get relief from the heat and gather with friends. All of these considerations made the final decision very difficult but our connection with our families made the right thing to do very easy.
Anyone that purchased a water park pass for 2020 season will automatically have the pass transferred to the 2021 season, or alternatively can request a refund. Passes transferred to the 2021 season will not pay any additional fees in the event the fee structure changes. Please call the Deer Grove Leisure Center starting Tuesday May 26, if you may have additional questions or to request a refund.
The Bensenville Park District Board of Commissioners and staff continue to make difficult decisions for the well-being of our residents, patrons and employees. Safety will continue to be our top priority with respects to opening our facilities, providing services and keeping our community safe. We know we will all be together again as we have in the past; until then stay safe, stay home, keep six-foot social distance and take care of each other.
Joseph C. Vallez
Bensenville Park District
White Pines Golf Club, managed by the Bensenville Park district, has been closely monitoring updates from many government agencies regarding COVID-19. We understand that Governor Pritzker on April 23 announced the extension of our stay at home order, through May 30; and the ability for golf courses to reopen May 1, under strict safety guidelines.
We want to take a moment to communicate how these announcements will affect White Pines Golf Club. As of now White Pines Golf Club will remain closed until we feel comfortable, we can reopen safely. In addition, our first Live at White Pines Concert scheduled for May 29, has been canceled. We continue to monitor information being provided to us by our state and local health agencies. Once we receive more information, and our plan to safely reopen is set, we will communicate that with you. The day we get to see everyone back out golfing can’t come soon enough, but please understand safety is our number one concern, until then we wish everyone the best of health.
With Governor Pritzker extending the Stay at Home Order through April 30, by issuing Executive Order 2020-18, we wanted to take a moment to inform you how this affects the Bensenville Park District. We previously stated that our facilities were anticipated to reopen April 6, as this situation with COVID-19 evolves, and in light of the extension to the Stay at Home Order, our facilities will remain closed until further notice. This includes the Deer Grove Leisure Center, Wood St. Fitness, White Pines Golf Club, Fisher Farm, playgrounds, basketball courts, and fields to gatherings of people.
The Bensenville Park District encourages everyone to get some fresh air and go for a walk, especially as the weather nicens, but continue to follow social distancing guidelines as well as other recommendations by the CDC and IDPH.
Please click here for our previous update, which outlines all programing effected by COVID-19.
The day we get to see everyone again can’t come soon enough, until then we wish everyone the best of health.
Our highly anticipated Summer Brochure will be going out to all residents in the coming days. This brochure, like all of ours, required months of planning, and was put together well before we entered these challenging times together. With that being said, we would like to take this opportunity to inform everyone of some changes, some of which we have not yet touched on.
- We are pushing our summer registration date out by 2 weeks. Registration will now be April 21. The registration for our trips will be April 21 for residents and April 22 for non-residents. In the event that our facility is still closed, due to precautions being taken with COVID-19, our phone lines will be open to take phone registrations.
- Our annual “Water You Waiting for Sale” for water park season passes is being extended two weeks, the sale will now extend to May 15. Please click here to download the form and email it to lborshell@BvilleParks.org, if you wish to purchase your pass via email. If you do not feel comfortable emailing your credit card info, please leave that section of the form blank, and we will reach out to you for payment.
- Shelter rental requests will still be accepted on a first come first serve basis on April 1, starting at 8:30am. Since the DGLC will still be closed, we will be accepting these via email and fax, please email forms to lborshell@BvilleParks.org. The form can be downloaded by clicking here.
Program Cancelations or Postponements
- All Easter events including the Easter Egg Hunt and Eggstravaganza, Easter Basket Gifting and the Easter Brunch at White Pines have been canceled.
- The remainder of our Friday Night Fish Frys at White Pines have been canceled.
- All Young at Heart programming has been canceled through the end of April.
- To make up for the canceled March and April Lunch Bunches, everyone who signed up will be invited to a Lunch Bunch on June 9 at White Pines Golf Club. A shuttle will be available to assist those who may need help getting from the parking lot, up to the banquet hall. If you signed up for both March and April you will be refunded for one. More details on this event to follow.
- Refunds have been being issued to programs which were canceled, and partial refunds have been issued for programs which ended prematurely. To check on the status of a refund please contact Laura Borshell at lborshell@BvilleParks.org.
- Our Earth Day event at Fischer Farm has been canceled however we are always looking for volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering at the farm please Click Here to download our volunteer form, then email it to pdeckert@BvilleParks.org.
- The Farmside Yard Sale at Fischer Farm is being postponed from Sunday 5/17 to Saturday 7/18. If you are interested in selling items at this event, email pdeckert@BvilleParks.org.
To view our Summer Brochure – Click Here
As this situation with COVID-19 plays out, stay tuned to our website and social media for future updates. It’s hard to know exactly what else will be affected moving forward, but we do know we will all get through this together. We hope to see you soon.
In response to Governor Pritzker’s Executive Order issued on March 20, requiring all Illinois residents to stay home with limited exceptions, the Bensenville Park District is expanding closures. Our playgrounds across our community tend to be gathering spaces for many, which under normal circumstances are why we love them, but in these challenging times are areas prohibited by this Executive Order. With that being said, starting Saturday, March 21, 2020 at 5pm all Bensenville Park District playgrounds are temporarily closed until further notice.
Getting fresh air however is still important to our overall wellness. Governor Pritzker states that individuals may still leave their homes for outdoor activities such as walking, biking, and running; as long as social distancing requirements are met. We hope these additional short-term sacrifices we are all taking will stop the spread of COVID-19, and allow us to see you all again that much quicker.
The Bensenville Park District’s top priority, along with all your other taxing bodies here in Bensenville, is ensuring the safety of all our participants. That said, in light of the expanding COVID-19 threat, the taxing bodies in Bensenville have jointly agreed to temporarily suspend school as well as postpone all events and programing for three weeks, click here to read their press release.
We will use our website as a platform to push you the most up to date information on how this will affect our programming and facilities. Our full-time staff are all available, like always, via email. The following facilities will be closed for 3 weeks with an anticipated reopen date of April 6:
- Deer Grove Leisure Center – We can be reached via phone Mon-Fri 9am-7pm, Sat 9am-5pm, and Sun 9am-1pm.
- Wood St. Fitness – This includes the fitness center and fitness classes. Please note, all current members will have the length of the closure added to their membership automatically.
- Fischer Farm – Fischer Farm will be closed to the public; however, we will ensure our animals are still properly cared for.
- White Pines Golf Club – This includes the golf course, pro shop, 37 Bar & Grill, Friday Fish Frys and Special Events.
Special Events – The Clover Hunt on March 14, Easter Egg Hunt & Eggstravaganza on April 4 and the Easter Basket Gifting on April 4 have been canceled. Please stay tuned to our Facebook for info regarding gifts the Easter Bunny is scheduled to drop off for your little ones, at the DGLC after we reopen.
Programming- All tot, youth, adult and young at heart programming has been canceled for the next 3 weeks. Sadly, because of this, our dance recital this season has been canceled. We will personally reach out to you with info regarding refunds with canceled/modified programs.
All of these closures are entirely precautionary. We encourage you to click here for best health practices to reduce the spread of germs. This is simply a pause on our programming and events; we are excited for the day this all passes and we get to see you again. Stay closely tuned to our website and Facebook for future updates.